Sampling, Monitoring & Analysis for Industial & Domestic Services
Water Quality Services Ltd (WQS) provides a bespoke service sampling, monitoring, and analyzing water for process, environmental, recreational, and domestic applications. Broad areas of the business are as follows:-
- Concrete mixing water analysis for BS EN 1008 compliance
- Analysis of trade effluent discharged to sewers and controlled waters
- Other services, including monitoring ground water, surface water, private water supplies, and swimming pools or spa pools.
Water assimilates materials as suspensions, emulsions, and solutions resulting in a diverse range of determinands that can be tested for. Water has many different applications requiring different methods of analysis for the same determinand. Details are included in the Environment Agency "Technical Guidance Note M18".
Sampling, monitoring, and analysis often have to follow specific requirements. Some samples have to be tested quickly, or have a sample preservative added. Test methods have to be fit for purpose, giving sufficient precision and accuracy over the relevant range of concentrations. Many methods of analysis respond to other materials in the water as well as the determinand being tested for - the matrix effect. Correct documentation and presentation of samples is very important to ensure meaningful test results.
HOW WE WORK
- Quotations are provided describing sampling and test methods to be employed
- Sampling follows documented procedures, using approved sample bottles
- An acid sample preserver is added to some sample bottles prior to sampling
- Samples are tested within time limits to avoid compromising the validity of laboratory determinations
- Sample bottles, return packaging, instructions, and sample certificates are provided to clients submitting samples for analysis
- Analysis done in house by WQS follows documented methods based on national or international standard procedures.
- In house analytical methods are checked against quality control standards traceable to national standards
- Analysis is regularly subcontracted to ISO 17025 accredited laboratories
- Bespoke test reports are available to comply with regulatory requirements
Water analysis performed by WQS ranges from simple qualitative tests, to determinations employing visible spectrum photometry, flame photometry, and potentiometry. ISO 17025 accredited laboratories subcontracted to WQS offer a wide range of analysis. A schedule of accreditation for each ISO 17025 laboratory in the United Kingdom is available from UKAS. Helping clients assemble valid and relevant water quality data is the aim of Water Quality Services Ltd.
Concrete Mixing Water
We follow BS EN 1008:2002 Mixing Water for Concrete, supplying this testing service for clients throughout the country. Contact us for more details and to discuss your requirements.
Trade Effluent Testing
Trade effluent may need to comply with a consent or permit to discharge. Water Quality Services can help manage your discharges to drains or controlled waters.
Other Testing Services
We offer many water quality testing services, including but not limited to the monitoring of ground water, surface water, private water supplies, and swimming pools or spa pools.
Tel: 01453 835783
Water Quality Services Ltd,
6 Tetbury Hill,
Gloucestershire, GL8 8LT